I can’t get enough of this spectacular sunset view of Boracay. Look for a good spot, get your camera, and never miss the momentum to capture it for keeps. Besides, it’s free! Appreciate a magnificent gift from nature; it will uplift your well-being, promise.
I think the best part of the sunset is it touches the inmost part of our soul. It is like a hallelujah moment. Maybe you can watch it another day or another place but nothing could insightful would hit you like this again.
Tourism in Boracay Island is at its peak during the Amihan season (December to May) where the water is often glassy smooth. But the sea was affected by green algae during peak months. It is indeed a beautiful beach but it needs proper management to improve.
Here are a few reasons why tourists come back to Boracay:
1. Pure white sand and crystal clear waters. The wide long stretch of powdery white sand soft to the feet and smooth glassy waters provide the main attraction.
2. Fun-filled atmosphere and party everywhere. The nightlife is just so amazing anyone could never be bored of. A lot of cheaper seafood and have it cooked there. Don’t also forget to see an array of souvenir shops along the street.
3. Adventure and seawater activities. Island hopping, snorkeling, banana boat, Jet Ski, sailing were just among those to really have fun and go wild.
4. And of course, (look above) The beautiful sunset view.
Just be aware also that there are people who took advantage of goods and services, just like in any other tourist places, which jack up the prices if they realize that you are a nonnative. Learn a bargaining skill.
with such a beautiful and glittering lamp posts literally dazzles at night that can be seen by anyone with the attention to notice on the changing colors of the lights along Boulevard and much to be appreciated about how people were so kind and accommodating in Tago.
Tandag Cityis the capital of the province of Surigao del Sur in Region 13(Caraga). It is bounded on the North by Cortes and Lanuza, on the East by the Philippine Sea, on the West by the province of Agusan del Sur, and on the South by Tago town. From Butuan City, there are lots of buses route to the terminal of Tandag. Most of the people here were into fishing and farming as sources of income as evidenced of the wide stretch of coconut plantation along the road. Signaling that you’ve already reached this beautiful city was an array of posts that defines Tandag’s charm more than anything else.
This area serves as the local hang-out among the people of Tandag. Here you can view the wide blue sea and watch the golden sun as it kisses the horizon of the ocean. Just feel the sea breeze chilled your skin and the gentle wind that keeps blowing your hair and you can really feel the healing and relaxing effect in your body.
There are so many things to do in Tandag City. Here are a few from the list:
1. As the night started to unfold, the best visual display plays on. Hanging in Boulevard to relax or just watch people passes by is inexpensive. Watching the arrays of light is free with such a beautiful and glittering lamp posts literally dazzles at night that can be seen by anyone with the attention to notice on the changing colors of the lights along Boulevard.
2. Free movie at night. The people are no longer need to go to cinema because there’s an open space for the general public to view a free video. There are also stalls that offer street foods like fish balls, kwek-kwek, isaw and barbeque. Souvenir items and accessories can also be bought around the corners.
3.Yummy dinner along the beach. To take your mind off the torture of an empty stomach, various Grilled Chicken Restaurants from lechon manok to a simple pork barbeque stick line up the Capitol Road in Bag-ong Lungsod where you can get cheap meals and drinks.
4. Swimming.Tandag beach is guaranteed to enchant all beach lovers with its crystal clear waters. There are also hotels and private resorts that can be seen along the highway.
5. Shrine of the Our Lady of Lourdes. Located at Bongtud at the summit of a mountain where you can see the full view of the city and nearby island.
6. Various ukay-ukay store. Bag-ong Lungsod (Poblacion) is a good place to shop for second hand fashion items. There are also boutiques here but no mall.
And that ends our long and winding roadtrip in Tandag City. We hope to come back again in the future. God Bless.
Ever wonder how does a beautiful island is being made by the wonderful Hands of God and naturally sculpted with the blow of nature? Long time ago, this virgin island was inhabited by indigenous people called Ati or Negrito. They live through fishing supplemented by coconut (copra) plantation, and other root crop products then traded it to nearby places. It was a “paradise” then with the most pristine white sand beaches and the color of the sea blends with that of the sky. A natural beauty beyond compare! Until few foreign travelers accidentally stumble across the island and introduced it to the world, and the rest is history.Continue reading “Boracay beyond beauty”→