Hey, It’s Valentine’s Day what are you gonna do? Perhaps some of you are now planning on a date with your special someone. But for single like me, there are fun ways to celebrate yourself on Hearts day. Do not pressure yourself to couple up, to get into pairs if it’s not yet the time for you at the moment. Remember, it is not expensive to give love to yourselves. To enjoy being on your own and be true to your own values and give a deeper meaning of self-respect.
“Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in Love.”
1. Go to Church – Since Valentine’s day falls on a Sunday, there is nothing more fulfilling than to church. It is not just a day to glorify romance but to celebrate LOVE in general. Greet everyone Happy Valentine’s day whether at home, people you don’t know or just you met in random; greet all your friends on Twitter and Facebook. Hug and kiss your niece/nephews or lovedones; show appreciation to everyone even in little things for them to know that you care.
2. Shopping/Outing – celebrate it with your friends or lovedones. You can go together for a window shopping; or just go out and eat; go to the plaza and zumba or what ever crazy things that you ought to do with your group date.
3. Watch TV/movie or videoke – sing what you want with love songs. It may seem creepy but sometimes there is nothing to be ashamed of being cheesy and a hopeless romantic.
4. Read Hugot lines – this made my day. I can’t help laughing on these hugot lines.
A. Kung paglalaruan mo lang pala ako. Sana sinabi mo agad para nakapag-P.E. uniform pa ako..hehe!
B. Ang CRUSH ay parang Math problem, kung hindi mo makuha, titigan mo na lang..(may point!)
C. Ebook ka ba? Bakit?? Gusto kasi kita i-bond… waley! Haha..
D. Mahal ka nya, mahal mo sya. Pero mas mahal ang tuition fee. Kaya mag-aral ka muna…tama!
E. Are you a banana? Because I find you a-peeling… ngee!
5. Sleep / Relax – matulog ka na lang. It’s a rest day. Besides some are also not giving notice on that day.
St. Valentine was a priest from Rome who lived in the 3rd century AD. When Emperor Claudius II had banned marriages, believing married men made bad soldiers. St. Valentine is thought to have arranged marriages in secret. He was imprisoned and sentenced to death for his crimes. St. Valentine apparently fell in love with the jailer’s daughter and sent her a love letter signed ‘from your Valentine’ on February 14th, the day of his execution, as a goodbye.